Monday, September 22, 2014

The Letter A and Apple Fun!

The Letter A
A is for apple

a is for apple

A is for alligator

Apple Projects
Look What's Inside an Apple
I typed and printed up the heading and the poem:
Sing to the tune:  I’m a Little Teapot
I’m a little apple, short and round. I make a munchy, crunchy sound.
If you bite into me you will see – I’m delicious as can be!
Cut out an apple shape.  Dip finger into red paint and press around the outside edge of the apple.  Color the stem brown and leaf green.  Press finger onto a black ink pad and press onto the center of the apple to make seeds.
I found this cute poem and project here!

Hand Print Apple Tree
Paint 1 hand green and press the painted hand onto white paper three times.  Paint a brown tree trunk.  When dry glue on red construction paper apples.  Add a stem and leaf to each apple.

Apple Hand Print Poem
Cut out a red apple and brown stem.  Glue the apple and stem to a piece of white paper.
Type and print out the poem:
This little apple that you just see
Was made for you just from me.
You'll never see one like it in all this land,
Because for a leaf I used my own little hand!
Paint one hand green and press onto the red apple
I found this cute poem and project here!  I changed the poem just a little bit to suit our needs.

Apple Learning Activities
A is for Apple Letter Writing
I cut out an apple shape from red paper and added a leaf stem and white lined paper.  I had Tana practice writing her uppercase and lowercase A's
  

My Apple Book
I created this book to work on number recognition 1-5 and counting.


Seed Counting
I cut out apple shapes and glued them to a piece of construction paper.  I put the numbers 2-5 on the stem's of each apple.  
Tana read each number and used a black ink pad to make the same amount of seeds on the each apple. 









No comments:

Post a Comment